One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Slowly, as researchers learned more about the structure of histones, it became evident that patterns of acetylation and methylation could be quite precise.’
- ‘From a dynamic point of view, histone-tail modifications, such as acetylation, phosphorylation, or methylation, are necessary to allow the activity of the chromatin remodeling complex.’
- ‘The acetylation of salicylic acid increased the potency of morphine by making the compound more soluble in brain fat and facilitating transfer across the blood brain barrier.’
- ‘This effect is consistent with the expected large reduction in electron density on the amino nitrogen upon acetylation thus making coordination with copper much less strong.’
- ‘Important mechanisms for epigenetic alteration of gene expression include DNA methylation and histone acetylation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.