One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘From a dynamic point of view, histone-tail modifications, such as acetylation, phosphorylation, or methylation, are necessary to allow the activity of the chromatin remodeling complex.’
- ‘The acetylation of salicylic acid increased the potency of morphine by making the compound more soluble in brain fat and facilitating transfer across the blood brain barrier.’
- ‘Slowly, as researchers learned more about the structure of histones, it became evident that patterns of acetylation and methylation could be quite precise.’
- ‘Important mechanisms for epigenetic alteration of gene expression include DNA methylation and histone acetylation.’
- ‘This effect is consistent with the expected large reduction in electron density on the amino nitrogen upon acetylation thus making coordination with copper much less strong.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.