One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[with object]often as adjective acetylated
Introduce an acetyl group into (a molecule or compound)‘the acetylated forms of chloramphenicol’
- ‘Serotonin in this gland is acetylated, then methylated, forming melatonin.’
- ‘Histones (DNA packaging proteins) have lysine tails, which can be acetylated in a post-translational modification step.’
- ‘In addition to histones, some HATs can acetylate non-histone proteins, suggesting multiple roles for these enzymes.’
- ‘The proteins became acetylated instead, preventing glucose from attaching.’
- ‘The N-terminal group was acetylated to reproduce the experimental conditions at which the protein was studied.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.