Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Introduce an acetyl group into (a molecule or compound)‘the acetylated forms of chloramphenicol’
- ‘The proteins became acetylated instead, preventing glucose from attaching.’
- ‘The N-terminal group was acetylated to reproduce the experimental conditions at which the protein was studied.’
- ‘Serotonin in this gland is acetylated, then methylated, forming melatonin.’
- ‘Histones (DNA packaging proteins) have lysine tails, which can be acetylated in a post-translational modification step.’
- ‘In addition to histones, some HATs can acetylate non-histone proteins, suggesting multiple roles for these enzymes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.