One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]often as adjective acetylated
Introduce an acetyl group into (a molecule or compound)‘the acetylated forms of chloramphenicol’
- ‘The proteins became acetylated instead, preventing glucose from attaching.’
- ‘Serotonin in this gland is acetylated, then methylated, forming melatonin.’
- ‘Histones (DNA packaging proteins) have lysine tails, which can be acetylated in a post-translational modification step.’
- ‘The N-terminal group was acetylated to reproduce the experimental conditions at which the protein was studied.’
- ‘In addition to histones, some HATs can acetylate non-histone proteins, suggesting multiple roles for these enzymes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.