One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An odoriferous toxic liquid, used as a solvent in high-performance liquid chromatography.
- ‘The mycotoxin then can be eluted from the column by washing with an organic solvent such as methanol or acetonitrile.’
- ‘The same photoproducts were obtained when the irradiation was performed in aerated acetonitrile, although the extent of photodegradation was even lower in this solvent.’
- ‘We have also carried out measurements with mixtures of water and acetonitrile, a solvent that is a hydrogen bond acceptor.’
- ‘The organic solvents used in the present study were n-butanol, acetonitrile, methanol, n-propanol, isopropanol, and isobutanol.’
- ‘Parallel experiments were performed in acetonitrile and phosphate-buffered saline aqueous solutions under both aerobic and anaerobic conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.