One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for ketosis
- ‘The clinical characteristics of acetonaemia are hypoglycaemia, depressed appetite, with high levels of serum fatty acids and ketones.’
- ‘In patients undergoing treatment for alcoholism, the medication may also give rise to a number of other side-effects, such as an unpleasant taste, gastrointestinal upsets, body odour, bad breath, headache, impotence, acetonaemia, restlessness, dizziness and occasional allergic dermatitis.’
- ‘The major problem is to differentiate indigestion from acetonaemia and traumatic reticuloperitonitis.’
- ‘The signs of anaemia and acetonaemia are general appetite loss and various indications of general lethargy in the cow.’
- ‘In addition to calcium, it contains dextrose to assist with complication from acetonaemia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.