Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for ketosis
- ‘In addition to calcium, it contains dextrose to assist with complication from acetonaemia.’
- ‘The major problem is to differentiate indigestion from acetonaemia and traumatic reticuloperitonitis.’
- ‘The clinical characteristics of acetonaemia are hypoglycaemia, depressed appetite, with high levels of serum fatty acids and ketones.’
- ‘The signs of anaemia and acetonaemia are general appetite loss and various indications of general lethargy in the cow.’
- ‘In patients undergoing treatment for alcoholism, the medication may also give rise to a number of other side-effects, such as an unpleasant taste, gastrointestinal upsets, body odour, bad breath, headache, impotence, acetonaemia, restlessness, dizziness and occasional allergic dermatitis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.