One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for ketosis
- ‘The clinical characteristics of acetonaemia are hypoglycaemia, depressed appetite, with high levels of serum fatty acids and ketones.’
- ‘In addition to calcium, it contains dextrose to assist with complication from acetonaemia.’
- ‘The major problem is to differentiate indigestion from acetonaemia and traumatic reticuloperitonitis.’
- ‘In patients undergoing treatment for alcoholism, the medication may also give rise to a number of other side-effects, such as an unpleasant taste, gastrointestinal upsets, body odour, bad breath, headache, impotence, acetonaemia, restlessness, dizziness and occasional allergic dermatitis.’
- ‘The signs of anaemia and acetonaemia are general appetite loss and various indications of general lethargy in the cow.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.