One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amide of acetic acid, a crystalline solid with a characteristic musty odour.
- ‘Despite the growing use of tetramethylrhodamine maleimide / acetamide modified actins, their polymerization properties have not been described yet.’
- ‘If acetamide herbicides are used, grain sorghum seed must be pre-treated with a safener that protects it from injury caused by the acetamide herbicides.’
- ‘With N-acetylgalactosamine, the acetamide group on the galactose ring can bring one more hydrogen bond, which can contribute to the enthalpy of the reaction and affinity values, and then titration was possible.’
- ‘Amplification reactions were performed with 50-100 ng of total genomic DNA under standard conditions both in the presence and in the absence of 5% - 6% acetamide (final concentration).’
- ‘For example, Lasso and Arena are registered trade names, alachlor is the common name, and 2-chloro-N - (2,6-diethylphenyl) N - acetamide is the chemical name for a herbicide used in corn and soybeans.’
- ‘The acetamidase enzyme encoded by the amdS gene allows growth on acetamide as a carbon and/or nitrogen source by producing ammonium and acetate.’
Mid 19th century: from acetyl + amide.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.