Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The acetabular implant has a socket with a socket opening intersecting the rim of the socket in a plane.’
- ‘In addition, a series of circumferential muscle bundles are present in the acetabular wall.’
- ‘The high bulk modulus of water means that the water enclosed in the acetabular cavity behaves mechanically like a solid in tension.’
- ‘The transverse acetabular ligament connects the bony portions to complete the rim of the socket.’
- ‘The most commonly used prostheses are metal femoral components with plastic acetabular cups.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.