One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in card games) having the ace (or another specified card) as the highest-ranking.‘he had a hearts flush, queen high’
- ‘I put down my three of a kind ace high and leaned back.’
- ‘Normal ranking of the cards applies, with ace high.’
- ‘The deck is a standard American deck of fifty-two cards, ace high.’
- ‘When cutting for deal the cards now rank in their normal order with ace high, and the deal can be one or three cards at a time at the dealer's choice.’
- ‘The cards of the other suits rank in the normal way from ace high down to two, leaving out the cards of the trump rank.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.