One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in card games) having the ace (or another specified card) as the highest-ranking.‘he had a hearts flush, queen high’
- ‘I put down my three of a kind ace high and leaned back.’
- ‘The deck is a standard American deck of fifty-two cards, ace high.’
- ‘Normal ranking of the cards applies, with ace high.’
- ‘The cards of the other suits rank in the normal way from ace high down to two, leaving out the cards of the trump rank.’
- ‘When cutting for deal the cards now rank in their normal order with ace high, and the deal can be one or three cards at a time at the dealer's choice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.