One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that is correct in all details; exactly.‘we are simply unable to predict long-term trends accurately’‘every single vote was accurately counted’
- ‘More powerful processors are demanded all the time in order to more accurately read seismic data.’
- ‘The accounting system must accurately reflect the true financial condition of the cooperative.’
- ‘The instrument accurately identified the species of mosquito in just seconds.’
- ‘In their stead came new surfaces stripped of unnecessary features, surfaces meant to reflect a building's function more accurately.’
- ‘Root samples must be evaluated to accurately estimate their population densities.’
- ‘When you think back over a thirty-five-year period, it's really hard to remember accurately.’
- ‘She fired back with a letter, demanding to know if the "letter accurately characterizes your views."’
- ‘High schools are remaking yearbooks to more accurately reflect student populations amid larger societal concerns about bullying, peer pressure, and self-esteem.’
- ‘The product name must accurately reflect the intended use of the feed.’
- ‘Do you believe polls accurately represent public opinion?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.