Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The accreditor issued the standards in response to ongoing criticism of the long hours required of many residents.’
- ‘The scope of each accreditor is distinctive, and although accreditation practices are similar in many respects, significant variations should be noted.’
- ‘The university was placed on one year's probation by its accreditor, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, in December.’
- ‘As an institutional accreditor, our organization reviews and accredits entire institutions within its region of the United States.’
- ‘A letter from the accreditor made public by the university spelled out the ways in which it had not complied with accreditation requirements.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.