One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Money owed by a company to its creditors.
- ‘Complex control systems were needed to track supplier purchase orders and deliveries, and match them with invoices for accounts payable.’
- ‘As bills were being paid from about 35 different locations, the accounts payable had to be centralized immediately.’
- ‘Users now have automatic matching and checking capability against purchase prices and receiving amounts, helping to eliminate accounts payable errors.’
- ‘An executive dashboard, for example, enables a CEO to see bank balances, a ranking of the top 10 sales reps, the top five customers, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.’
- ‘To add to his troubles, accounts payable was in shambles, and his first chief financial officer quit shortly after the filing.’
- ‘An increase in accounts payable and liabilities owed to members fed the increase in current liabilities.’
- ‘At last report, it had just $8.52 a share in total liabilities, mostly accounts payable.’
- ‘Its 2002 cash and cash equivalents of $1.3 billion were absorbed by interest expenses and accounts payable.’
- ‘You have to implement all the back-of-house systems, like general ledger, accounts payable, and payroll.’
- ‘The increase in accounts payable and funds owed to members are more likely in response to higher sales.’
- ‘For example, the purchasing process, vendor data, material definitions, and accounts payable should be basically the same in all areas of a corporation.’
- ‘Coke could also apply for a revolving line of credit with a foreign bank in order to cover accounts payable; however, that required Coke to assume some risk by providing a letter of guarantee to cover the Vietnamese partner.’
- ‘Concur manages documentation requirements, so employees can submit their grades and receipts directly to accounts payable and be reimbursed through payroll.’
- ‘Qualcomm's accounts payable team recently had its accounts payable reviewed for potential duplicate payments and sales tax overpayments.’
- ‘When an invoice comes in, you route it to the guy in accounts payable, because that's his occupation.’
- ‘Current liabilities include short-term debt, interest, accounts payable and any other outstanding liabilities that are due within a year's time.’
- ‘A quick review of financial statements by a trained eye can help detect slow collections, poor financial management, overextended accounts payable or other warning signs, early.’
- ‘The average time to complete financial processes, such as accounts payable, shrank from 18 days to eight.’
- ‘How many accounting staff will we need to process accounts payable, payroll, contributions, receivables, and the general ledger?’
- ‘The company confirmed at the beginning of the month that it was moving its accounts payable division from Limerick to Malaysia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.