Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Money owed by a company to its creditors.
- ‘A quick review of financial statements by a trained eye can help detect slow collections, poor financial management, overextended accounts payable or other warning signs, early.’
- ‘An executive dashboard, for example, enables a CEO to see bank balances, a ranking of the top 10 sales reps, the top five customers, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.’
- ‘You have to implement all the back-of-house systems, like general ledger, accounts payable, and payroll.’
- ‘Complex control systems were needed to track supplier purchase orders and deliveries, and match them with invoices for accounts payable.’
- ‘Concur manages documentation requirements, so employees can submit their grades and receipts directly to accounts payable and be reimbursed through payroll.’
- ‘The company confirmed at the beginning of the month that it was moving its accounts payable division from Limerick to Malaysia.’
- ‘How many accounting staff will we need to process accounts payable, payroll, contributions, receivables, and the general ledger?’
- ‘Coke could also apply for a revolving line of credit with a foreign bank in order to cover accounts payable; however, that required Coke to assume some risk by providing a letter of guarantee to cover the Vietnamese partner.’
- ‘Current liabilities include short-term debt, interest, accounts payable and any other outstanding liabilities that are due within a year's time.’
- ‘An increase in accounts payable and liabilities owed to members fed the increase in current liabilities.’
- ‘At last report, it had just $8.52 a share in total liabilities, mostly accounts payable.’
- ‘For example, the purchasing process, vendor data, material definitions, and accounts payable should be basically the same in all areas of a corporation.’
- ‘Users now have automatic matching and checking capability against purchase prices and receiving amounts, helping to eliminate accounts payable errors.’
- ‘To add to his troubles, accounts payable was in shambles, and his first chief financial officer quit shortly after the filing.’
- ‘The average time to complete financial processes, such as accounts payable, shrank from 18 days to eight.’
- ‘As bills were being paid from about 35 different locations, the accounts payable had to be centralized immediately.’
- ‘The increase in accounts payable and funds owed to members are more likely in response to higher sales.’
- ‘Its 2002 cash and cash equivalents of $1.3 billion were absorbed by interest expenses and accounts payable.’
- ‘Qualcomm's accounts payable team recently had its accounts payable reviewed for potential duplicate payments and sales tax overpayments.’
- ‘When an invoice comes in, you route it to the guy in accounts payable, because that's his occupation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.