Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The process or work of keeping financial accounts.‘an investigation into suspected false accounting’[as modifier] ‘standard accounting practice’
financial affairs, money matters, pecuniary matters, fiscal matters, economics, money management, commerce, business, investment, banking, AccountingView synonyms
- ‘It is equally clear that current standard accounting rules aren't sufficient.’
- ‘So the benefits of computerised accounting and payroll management are well established.’
- ‘She is an independent contractor and previously taught as an assistant professor of accounting.’
- ‘The meeting approved the report on the fiscal year 2001, the annual accounting and the auditor report.’
- ‘They were accused of poor book-keeping and accounting errors and were asked to step aside by the council.’
- ‘Once people have grasped the concepts, the bar graphs can be used in financial planning and accounting.’
- ‘You have a small general accounting practice and you plan to retire in the next ten years.’
- ‘The ailing hospital chain already faces a criminal investigation into its accounting.’
- ‘The profits of a trader for tax purposes are computed using the ordinary principles of commercial accounting.’
- ‘The energy giant is the latest company to face suspicion over its accounting and business practices.’
- ‘Within a year, she got her first promotion, and she's now director of general accounting.’
- ‘A graduate of the University of Tennessee, Hamilton majored in finance and accounting.’
- ‘Education is increasingly driven by issues about financial resources and accounting.’
- ‘There is no fancy stuff here; just straight accounting theory put into practice.’
- ‘The company also provides financial accounting and technical helpdesk services to its clients.’
- ‘But you have flouted common sense in matters of good accounting and book-keeping.’
- ‘Finding people with significant experience in finance or accounting may prove challenging.’
- ‘The accounting system registers the order and starts the invoicing process.’
- ‘Chang sees his role as that of a business advisor, not limited to bookkeeping and accounting.’
- ‘I think my financial and accounting experience will stand me in good stead for the council finances.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.