One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The profession or duties of an accountant.
- ‘My partner, Suzy, who had studied accountancy, does the books and keeps all the records.’
- ‘He took an engineering degree at Bristol University before following his father into accountancy.’
- ‘My long experience of accountancy has enabled me to meet countless accountants, through work and socially.’
- ‘He received a first class honours degree in accountancy and business studies.’
- ‘One of Bradford's leading accountancy firms has announced the appointment of a new managing partner.’
- ‘Eight new graduate courses in accountancy will be used in the requirements of the new diploma programs.’
- ‘Traditional middle class professions such as the law and accountancy have made solid progress.’
- ‘If you want a job for life forget accountancy, engineering or publishing.’
- ‘Possible options suggested were accountancy or even the civil service.’
- ‘I spoke to my advisor and switched to accountancy for the next year.’
- ‘He specialised in business studies and accountancy and, in former times, economic history.’
- ‘She completed a degree in accountancy at the University of Stirling in 1992.’
- ‘Perhaps the opportunity to run a business which has nothing to do with accountancy!’
- ‘Walker recalls the major pitfall of starting a new business is having to learn accountancy.’
- ‘It is expected to provide one of the largest specialist accountancy and business development resources in the region.’
- ‘Elaborating, she said that she studies computers, maths, accountancy and biology.’
- ‘Far from being an economist, and no great mathematician, I do know the basics of accountancy and can read a balance sheet.’
- ‘Martin did not continue his cricket career beyond these matches and instead spent a professional career in accountancy.’
- ‘But he is encouraged by the influx of women into accountancy, with many now in leading company positions.’
- ‘You can take the man out of accountancy, but it's difficult to take the accountant out of the man.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.