Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person who keeps the records of the financial affairs of a business.
office worker, clerical worker, administrator, administrative officerView synonyms
- ‘In a more perfect world, accountants are number crunchers and account keepers as well as references or advisors in the Board Room.’
- ‘Andy develops a reputation as a brilliant account keeper and soon becomes assistant to the Warden.’
- ‘The ancestors of Kulkarnis were basically tax collectors and account keepers of royal lands.’
- ‘He is an account keeper and works with numbers all day.’
- ‘The government is obliged to designate an account keeper to maintain an accounting sheet of daily expenses for congress.’
- ‘The only safety for the account keeper is to jot down expenditure as soon as it is made.’
- ‘Of those who served as lower level retainers, some might still be educated, serving as business account keepers, scribes and copyists.’
- ‘Notwithstanding the important insights these studies provide about company accounts, they downplay and often disregard the individual account keeper and personal accounts.’
- ‘An appropriate job for a grade-school educated person was an account keeper or salesperson in a shop.’
- ‘These accounts provide a richer understanding of the working life of the account keeper and his debtors.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.