One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be achieved or completed successfully.‘this guide simplifies a seemingly mammoth task into accomplishable baby steps’‘we will have to negotiate and see what is accomplishable’
- ‘Instead of writing "Plan Birthday Party" on your list, you should break down your item into smaller, more accomplishable goals, like "call the caterer and order appetizers" and "pick up balloons from florist."’
- ‘Between these two or three exercises, a flatter stomach is accomplishable in no time, as long as you're performing them on a daily basis.’
- ‘Honestly, we made the target because we managed, for once, to keep our ambitions closer to something realistically accomplishable.’
- ‘There are certain steps that make life changes such an easy and accomplishable task.’
- ‘Admittedly, this study reaches the limits of experimental accuracy accomplishable in structural work.’
- ‘I'm keeping a list for each day - plenty of accomplishable chores for this weekend on the list already.’
- ‘The company hasn't confirmed the timetable, but speaking before the story broke, the firm's head said, "A holiday release is accomplishable."’
- ‘The defining characteristic of high achievement in every endeavor is not setting high goals but goals that are high enough to be worthwhile achieving but low enough to be accomplishable.’
- ‘I was informed that only one of those tasks was accomplishable.’
- ‘If selected yoga poses and breathing exercises accomplishable in 15 minutes daily can increase vital capacity, such a program could be a viable intervention for persons with compromised pulmonary reserve.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.