One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A simple hotel or guest house, particularly one in a rural area.‘fire officers inspected two budget accommodation houses in order to prevent another backpacker tragedy’
- ‘The property, which is a temporary accommodation house from the Migrant Resources Centre, will be under fire watch overnight.’
- ‘Police were checking an accommodation house for clues.’
- ‘In one case the guy's accommodation house burned (claiming lives) while he was in the cells.’
- ‘The funds were to be used for the building of public accommodation houses and the supply of well water to travellers and their stock.’
- ‘They continued on to their respective accommodation houses, rather than going back to town.’
- ‘The big house became an accommodation house, named after the leader of the original Canterbury settlement.’
- ‘It was getting dark, so we stopped at the accommodation house at the Okarito Forks.’
- ‘The Summit Climb includes climbing the peak from the accommodation houses on each side of the mountain.’
- ‘They are currently negotiating with surrounding accommodation houses in an attempt to provide additional capacity for the conference.’
- ‘A proprietor, in this context, is any person by whom or on whose behalf the business of an accommodation house is carried on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.