One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The visor of each blast helmet in the pod darkened accommodatingly within three milliseconds to avoid temporary blindness, but each member of the strike team squinted reflexively.’
- ‘We see someone pull them from a rack and stuff them into the bag, which stretches accommodatingly around its large, unwieldy and somewhat odd cargo.’
- ‘So fiendishly busy; so incoherently cramped; though sporting accommodatingly ample open space.’
- ‘She offered herself to life and was accommodatingly mauled.’
- ‘Sometimes I'd ride my bike to the feedlot and sing to the cows, who would gather accommodatingly on their side of the cable pen fences, listening to my renditions of ‘Delta Dawn, ‘‘Devil Woman, ‘or ‘North to Alaska.’’
- ‘The former White House aide moved accommodatingly to a different subject.’
- ‘And Pentecostals, flattered by a little unaccustomed acceptance, may accommodatingly give up their vision.’
- ‘Courage,’ he, however, accommodatingly threw out, ‘is what YOU have.’’
- ‘Fortunately, celebrities are proving to be accommodatingly exhibitionist.’
- ‘‘Of course, mother,’ Serena said accommodatingly, all the while wishing that she could answer as she really felt.’
- ‘Nonetheless the kitchen accommodatingly substituted another dish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.