One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Driving to the same direction and following the acclivitous and tortuous roads, you reach the small village of Tsada, which is under development.’
- ‘We cross over the crest ‘Laimos’ and thereafter, we overtake with great caution an acclivitous cliff to get to an immense balcony at ‘Skourta’ location, 2.475m.’
- ‘It was gregarious, and chiefly abounded on the acclivitous glades of the woods.’
- ‘His seat, Methven Castle, on a bold acclivitous rising-ground, 1 ¼ mile E of Methven village, is a stately baronial pile of 1680, with extensive modern additions.’
- ‘Stairway to the stars: Mechanical engineering student Alex Frakking caught this acclivitous view of the future Accelerator Centre building on the north campus the other night.’
- ‘Deb and Lenny, Klaus und Inge, Marcel et Martine, all easing their t-shirted blubber in climate-controlled shopping, seemed to have jettisoned all thoughts of trekking the acclivitous hillside up the Via Tiberio to the Villa Jovis, high on the island's easternmost point.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.