One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Apparently by accident but in fact intentionally.‘it was not so easy for him to contrive to meet her accidentally on purpose’
- ‘Accordingly, she dropped her fork accidentally on purpose and gasped with false surprise.’
- ‘Somehow, possibly accidentally on purpose, this festival seems to have managed to almost totally exclude the student body.’
- ‘Seriously, my last passport picture was so ugly, I used to contemplate losing the passport accidentally on purpose, to get out of ten years of having to show that monstrosity to immigration officers around the world.’
- ‘Was that an accident, or accidentally on purpose?’
- ‘Making a quick motion, she acted like she was reaching for a piece of silverware and instead accidentally on purpose knocked over the glass so the wine spilled and the glass cracked in half.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.