One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A charge made for the use of computer or local telephone-network facilities.
- ‘A monthly subscription costs about £11, with an access fee of 6p a minute.’
- ‘Half of Ford's employees had signed up in time; they won't have to give back the computers, but must pay the access fee.’
- ‘It charges 0.05 RMB per minute for the Internet access fee and 0.02 RMB per minute for the phone line fee.’
- ‘Those who are employed as CyberAgent CSRs have an initial cost of around $2,500 or less if they already have a computer and pay a monthly access fee to Willow.’
- ‘How does this compare to the simplicity of a typical $20 per month flat-rate Internet telephone access fee paid by US consumers?’
- ‘The investment will then be returned by the Internet café users though an access fee.’
- ‘Everyone would be charged a fixed monthly access fee - say £8.’
- ‘The payphone division, which operates 3,000 standalone payphones benefited from a new payphone access charge that places a levy on operators of freephone 1800 services and generates a fresh source of revenue.’
- ‘Thus, a service provider previously generating a flat monthly access fee can offer value-added services and generate multiple revenue streams.’
- ‘Typically, their membership would pay a monthly access fee that would provide services like email, chat, message boards, file download areas, and most importantly a way to communicate with other people with similar interests.’
- ‘The consumer pays an access charge for the phone and is also charged each time the phone is used.’
- ‘This would come in the form of lost international direct dialling revenues, wholesale telecom charges like termination charges, local access charges and universal service obligations.’
- ‘What does it bring to the subscriber, apart from the monthly saving of Rs.110 that they otherwise would have to pay as access charge for the facilities?’
- ‘AT & T, sensing a threat, tried to crush the fledgling service by tripling the access fees it charged MCI to let customers connect to Execunet.’
- ‘Although data are extremely difficult to come by, a Digex source cites $30,000 per site per month as the access fee charged by Sprint.’
- ‘It not only reduced my Internet access charge, it prevented me from becoming a real e-mail addict.’
- ‘In a widely expected move, AOL Time Warner's flagship online service said it was raising its standard monthly Internet access fee by $1.95, to $23.90, starting in July.’
- ‘Anyone else who finds themselves on campus with a Wi-Fi enabled notebook can also use the T-Mobile hotspots but only if they cough up the appropriate access fee.’
- ‘A company spokesperson said the access fee Eircom will be allowed to charge will ‘in no way, reflect the cost to Eircom of providing the infrastructure associated with unbundling’.’
- ‘Contract negotiations are likely to be a continuing sticking point, Kennebeck says, especially when it comes to nailing down the Internet access fee splits.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.