One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An accessory circuit board which can be plugged into a computer to increase the speed of its processor or input/output operations.
- ‘It looks like Tadpole is trying to develop accelerator cards for the TCP / IP stack and for encryption that are similar to what Alacritech makes today.’
- ‘It's positioning towards the enterprise level is confirmed by support for hardware-based cryptographic accelerator cards from nCipher, AEP, Baltimore, and Broadcom.’
- ‘One item on Descent3 ‘s minimum equipment list is a 3 - D accelerator card.’
- ‘I did some digging on Google and found that MS Flight Sim 2000 requires at least a Pentium 166 MHz processor, 32 meg RAM for Windows 9x machines, and an optional 3D graphics accelerator card.’
- ‘Director 8.5 will not work with some older video cards and users should update their cards to a Direct3D compatible 3D accelerator card that supports Z-Buffering, Bilinear Filtering, and Alpha-Blending.’
- ‘Looking back through old computer magazines, there is a gradual increase in the number of graphic accelerator cards from 1995 onwards.’
- ‘ATI has certainly come a long way since mid-1990 when they were pushing their Rage line of 3D accelerator cards.’
- ‘Some end user encryption options are now available, such as cryptographic software, appliances and accelerator cards from Decru, Kasten Chase, nCipher, NeoScale and others.’
- ‘Auran recommends a Pentium III - 650, 256 MB of RAM, 3D graphics accelerator card with at least 64 MB of video memory and a joystick, throttle and rudder to enjoy Strike Fighters: Project One.’
- ‘All a kid needs is some familiarity with computers and, in most cases, a PC equipped with at least a 4-megabyte, 3D graphics accelerator card, a feature found in many computers sold in the past year or so.’
- ‘HWRoundup 3D Graphic accelerator cards steal the headlines this week, with both Tom's Hardware Guide and Cryoeniac running lengthy reports covering a wide range of cards.’
- ‘The performance increases are achieved with AES (advanced encryption standard) accelerator cards.’
- ‘New cryptographic accelerator boards from manufactures such as Broadcom, IBM, and nCipher provide the necessary infrastructure to rapidly and easily perform cryptographic primitive operations.’
- ‘Hardware support for cryptographic accelerator cards and NICs with IPSec offload.’
- ‘We're currently developing towards a PIII - 500 with any hardware accelerator card that supports T&L.’
- ‘One of the essentials for PC gaming, the 3D accelerator card, was literally not known in most hardware outlets nearly two years ago.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.