One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1An intensive method of study which enables material to be learnt in a relatively short time.
- ‘Dawn, you're an advocate of something called ‘Suggestology’, also known as accelerated learning.’
- ‘APEP accelerated learning programs helps over-age students reach their appropriate grade level as quickly as possible, before they are forced to drop out due to economic or early marriage reasons.’
- ‘An important aspect of accelerated learning methods is regularly to review new knowledge during the learning process.’
- ‘Thus, it is possible that repetition of problems enables accelerated learning by priming the access to specific solution paths, a process from which participants cannot benefit when solving problems in the random condition.’
- ‘With the accelerated learning method, you then can learn at a much faster pace, instead of being bound by the way your teacher teaches or the resources he uses.’
- ‘Deborah's accelerated learning program involved studying full time during the day and part-time in the evening with flexible delivery modules at home and weekend workshops.’
- ‘He said: ‘We found the delegates learned more during the two days of accelerated learning and, as a result, had more skills at their fingertips.’’
- ‘If liberal education is defined as having the time to reflect on things, then how does accelerated learning fit into the picture of becoming a wise, reflective person?’
- ‘Finally, the model emphasizes short cycle times and accelerated learning, providing high-speed iterative advancement in operational capabilities.’
- ‘My purpose was to learn the Chinese language and culture, so some friends directed me to these accelerated learning materials, which I used to master the Chinese language in six months.’
- ‘We would like to see the government take our accelerated learning programmes across the state to ensure that every child from Class 1-5 in every government school is able to read and write and do basic maths.’
- ‘With accelerated learning available to Avaya employees, business partners and customers, the implementation and adoption of new networking technologies is more efficient.’
- ‘Much like sports or arts coaches, professional coaches help their clients experience accelerated learning and performance.’
2A programme of learning which allows academically able children to progress through school more rapidly than others.
- ‘This ‘cascade method’ provides quality training at each grade level to 6,969 teachers of APEP's accelerated learning classes.’
- ‘USAID's Afghanistan Primary Education Program focuses on teacher training, accelerated learning programs for students, and textbook printing and distribution.’
- ‘Across 17 provinces the program has trained 6800 teachers, of which 40% are women, for this accelerated learning program.’
- ‘This section also includes chapters on accelerated learning by students who show gifts and talents and on resilient students who ‘beat the odds’ in learning even though their life situations show much adversity.’
- ‘APEP's accelerated learning partners are now recruiting mentors to help meet the additional instructional and supervision demands of implementing the 4th grade curriculum.’
- ‘The teachers are also trained to administer an accelerated learning program for students, better preparing them to reach their life's goals.’
- ‘Piaget resisted pressures to put his theory of learning stages to use for the purpose of accelerated learning.’
- ‘Are you one of the geniuses in that accelerated learning program?’
- ‘The program also trains teachers, implements accelerated learning programs and provides advisers to the Ministry of Education.’
- ‘The ideas generated carry on across the school, such as raising the achievement of boys, and accelerated learning.’
- ‘At these small schools, students will receive the personalized and accelerated learning they need to ensure a smoother transition to college or the workplace.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.