One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small deep-bodied freshwater fish native to Central and South America, having elongated dorsal and anal fins.
Genera Aequidens and Cichlasoma, family Cichlidae: several species
- ‘They definitely live with silver dollars, blue acaras, silver sharks, and unicorn cichlids.’
- ‘The blue acara is an easy fish to care for, and a suitable addition to community tanks of medium to large fish.’
- ‘There were some blue acaras and some convicts as well as some livebearers.’
- ‘They do best with oscars, blue acaras, juruparis etc. if they are going to be housed with any other cichlids.’
- ‘Rams can be quite shy and may be bullied out of space and food when the acaras get bigger.’
- ‘Like among the blue acaras, firemouth males have more pointed and longer fins than the females.’
- ‘In the present study we experimentally reduced brood size in the Panamanian acara, Aequidens coeruleopunctatus.’
- ‘We used the blue acara cichlid as a model diurnal predator species.’
- ‘Maybe if you wanted to have more fish and movement, you could get some blue acaras?’
- ‘If kept as a single specimen you can keep them in a species community with other cichlids such as jack dempseys, green terrors, blue acaras, rainbows, etc, etc.’
- ‘In February 2000 two additional exotic species had become established: the South American blue acara and a potential cross between African Lake Malawi cichlids Labeotropheus sp. and Pseudotropheus zebra.’
- ‘It was formerly known as Aequidens paraguayensis, A. vittata, and most recently put into the genus Burjuquina like many of the medium body size acaras.’
- ‘We had a tank with 2 blue acaras, 1 severum and 1 firemouth and had no problems but the texas cic can be very aggressive.’
- ‘I am interested in eartheaters, acaras, pikes and cichlisomine cichlids.’
- ‘Well I have given the blue acaras away and didn't take any pics of them spawning to send you.’
From Portuguese acaré, from Tupi.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.