One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an extremely bad way; appallingly.‘she treats me abysmally at times’as submodifier ‘the conviction rate is abysmally low’
- ‘Farmers are forced to accept abysmally low prices for their products.’
- ‘It is abysmally hot in the rooms of this hotel.’
- ‘Real economic profits nowadays play an abysmally insignificant role toward dictating economic expansion.’
- ‘It is a city about which I was abysmally ignorant.’
- ‘I can't tell you how many times I have congratulated myself on a multiple pirouette, only to have the next several fail abysmally.’
- ‘It has performed abysmally, and the only explanation that can be advanced is that of incompetent economic management.’
- ‘There is no denying the abysmally low voter turnout rate.’
- ‘They have failed abysmally in responding to that.’
- ‘This band performs admirably on one track and abysmally on the subsequent ten.’
- ‘They also said they were treated abysmally when they complained.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.