One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Just hope that abstruseness may be mistaken for erudition.’
- ‘Christian analytical philosophers are scorned by the obtuse for their abstruseness and abstraction, derided for their technical vocabulary, and accused of ‘scholasticism.’’
- ‘I'd been much, much less attracted by what is perhaps the more public face of philosophy, which is its abstruseness, its complexity, its boringness even.’
- ‘Chuma's stubborn abstruseness has alienated some critics, but it continues to inform her sense of theater and may be the only thing one can continue to expect from her.’
- ‘This seems to engender in those who write about it a feeling that the lack of any abstruseness in their subject demands a compensatory abstruseness in their language.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.