One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He is looking up abstractedly into the middle distance with a slightly suppressed smile.’
- ‘While everyone else engages in some form of inward or outward dialogue, they stare abstractedly into space, oblivious to their surroundings.’
- ‘‘OK Timmy, go show your sister,’ Mrs. Davison said abstractedly, putting a hand on Timmy's shoulder and pushing him gently into the living room.’
- ‘Suffused with a post-Romantic melancholy, it seems to wander abstractedly through a softly glowing mist.’
- ‘As Nelson abstractedly went over some of the myriad of reports that covered his desk, the intercom on his desk interrupted him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.