One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As Nelson abstractedly went over some of the myriad of reports that covered his desk, the intercom on his desk interrupted him.’
- ‘Suffused with a post-Romantic melancholy, it seems to wander abstractedly through a softly glowing mist.’
- ‘While everyone else engages in some form of inward or outward dialogue, they stare abstractedly into space, oblivious to their surroundings.’
- ‘He is looking up abstractedly into the middle distance with a slightly suppressed smile.’
- ‘‘OK Timmy, go show your sister,’ Mrs. Davison said abstractedly, putting a hand on Timmy's shoulder and pushing him gently into the living room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.