One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A summary giving details of the title deeds and documents that prove an owner's right to dispose of land, together with any encumbrances that relate to the property.‘solicitors insist on a full abstract of title’
- ‘A registered abstracter is a licensed individual who compiles or certifies abstracts of title or any part thereof to real property or prepares reports of title in the State of Nebraska.’
- ‘An abstract of title is a condensed history of all deeds, mortgages and other documents relating to a particular piece of land, which affect the title.’
- ‘For example, we employ a full-time abstractor whose services include preparation of abstracts of title in many Louisiana parishes.’
- ‘The vendor usually proves his title by sending copies or summaries of the documents (an epitome of title or an abstract of title) to the purchaser or his solicitor.’
- ‘The old rule in England required that an abstract of title should cover the 60 years before the proposed sale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.