One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A summary giving details of the title deeds and documents that prove an owner's right to dispose of land, together with any encumbrances that relate to the property.‘solicitors insist on a full abstract of title’
- ‘An abstract of title is a condensed history of all deeds, mortgages and other documents relating to a particular piece of land, which affect the title.’
- ‘The old rule in England required that an abstract of title should cover the 60 years before the proposed sale.’
- ‘A registered abstracter is a licensed individual who compiles or certifies abstracts of title or any part thereof to real property or prepares reports of title in the State of Nebraska.’
- ‘The vendor usually proves his title by sending copies or summaries of the documents (an epitome of title or an abstract of title) to the purchaser or his solicitor.’
- ‘For example, we employ a full-time abstractor whose services include preparation of abstracts of title in many Louisiana parishes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.