One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Frustration at the narrow-minded ‘electoralism’ of the British political parties has produced a new form of militant abstentionism in the 2001 campaign which we haven't seen before.’
- ‘So, elections will almost certainly be held - amidst continuing and probably escalating violence and amidst a high rate of abstentionism, especially in Sunni areas.’
- ‘He was integral in influencing Sinn Fein's decision to drop Dail abstentionism in 1986 and argued strongly that democratic politics would strengthen the republican cause.’
- ‘With 175,000 votes, the party has edged ahead of the SDLP and secured four Westminster seats, despite its unchanged policy of abstentionism.’
- ‘However, the report said abstentionism was not inevitable as 57% of the EU electorate who didn't vote last June said they had voted in the previous national election in their country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.