One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They subsist abstemiously upon wild herbs and fruits and roots and leaves of diverse kinds.’
- ‘The Cardinal lived abstemiously in a top-floor apartment, worked on his memoirs and a history of the Roman Catholic Church in Hungary.’
- ‘Sims abstemiously declined anything alcoholic but before she knew it ‘three Martinis were whizzing around my bloodstream’.’
- ‘We'd ordered a bottle of Tiefenbrunner Pinot Grigio 2001 for €21 from a range of interesting and well priced new and old world wines, which we managed to sip abstemiously for the entire meal.’
- ‘You see him sip abstemiously, after using the small reading glasses he keeps in his pocket to read the label.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.