One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for dark nebula
- ‘A dark nebula, or absorption nebula, is a cloud of gas and dust that blocks light coming from behind.’
- ‘On the right is an absorption nebula from which the stars might have formed.’
- ‘On dark, clear nights this absorption nebula stands prominently in front of the spectacular Milky Way.’
- ‘Sometimes known as absorption nebulae these are dark concentrations of gas and dust which often have stars forming inside them.’
- ‘One of the most notable of these dark absorption nebulae is a cloud toward the constellation Ophiuchus known as Barnard 68, pictured above.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.