Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for dark nebula
- ‘Sometimes known as absorption nebulae these are dark concentrations of gas and dust which often have stars forming inside them.’
- ‘On the right is an absorption nebula from which the stars might have formed.’
- ‘One of the most notable of these dark absorption nebulae is a cloud toward the constellation Ophiuchus known as Barnard 68, pictured above.’
- ‘A dark nebula, or absorption nebula, is a cloud of gas and dust that blocks light coming from behind.’
- ‘On dark, clear nights this absorption nebula stands prominently in front of the spectacular Milky Way.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.