One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A method of calculating the cost of a product or enterprise by taking into account indirect expenses (overheads) as well as direct costs.
- ‘The argument for using absorption costing in external reports seems to be based on the matching principle.’
- ‘It can bee seen that it is clear that the method of absorption costing adopted can have far reaching implications when considering the costing of any job.’
- ‘This booklet covers key areas within absorption costing such as product and period cost, advantages of marginal costing and advantages of absorption costing, and when to use these methods.’
- ‘This is not to say that there is no role for absorption costing in business.’
- ‘The ATO opinion was that full absorption costing was necessary for all retail and wholesale businesses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.