Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Gamma radiation was the original method of absorptiometry.’
- ‘The commoner forms of these devices in Europe and North America include heel and forearm dual energy x ray absorptiometry and quantitative ultrasound at the heel.’
- ‘Several different types of scans are available, including ultrasound, computerized tomography and dual energy X-ray absorptiometry.’
- ‘Bone mineral density of the lumbar spine and proximal femur were measured with dual energy x ray absorptiometry (QDR 1000, Hologic Inc, Waltham, Massachusetts).’
- ‘To measure body fatness, one may use dual energy x-ray absorptiometry, densitrometry or bioelectrical impedance.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.