Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometric measurements of BMC and BMD were made at baseline and at 6 and 12 months.’
- ‘Using a gamma photon absorptiometric technique, a time-effect curve was constructed for the bed rest state.’
- ‘Two micro-mixers and a an absorptiometric flowcell were integrated into the one-chip device with dimensions of 24 mm × 10 mm × 2 mm.’
- ‘Further studies are required and should lead to a confirmation of the interest of these absorptiometric indexes.’
- ‘One path utilizes existing absorptiometric equipment while the other relies on apparatus constructed specifically for the measurement of scattered light.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.