One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring the absorption of light or other radiation.
- ‘Measurement of hydrides with this absorptiometer is performed as follows.’
- ‘Major products include Microplate washers, absorptiometers and fluorescence photometers, as well as software to control such equipment.’
- ‘Bone mineral density of the lumbar spine and femoral neck were measured with a dual-energy X-ray absorptiometer (Lunar Corp., Madison, Wisconsin), and scans were obtained at baseline and after 2 years of treatment.’
- ‘The absorbency of nitric acid ions in the solution is measured using UV absorptiometer at a wavelength of 220 nm.’
- ‘The analyzers act as absorptiometers measuring only in the 4.26 m and 2.60 m wavebands ensuring accurate, rapid and stable results.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.