One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for measuring the absorption of light or other radiation.
- ‘Bone mineral density of the lumbar spine and femoral neck were measured with a dual-energy X-ray absorptiometer (Lunar Corp., Madison, Wisconsin), and scans were obtained at baseline and after 2 years of treatment.’
- ‘Measurement of hydrides with this absorptiometer is performed as follows.’
- ‘The absorbency of nitric acid ions in the solution is measured using UV absorptiometer at a wavelength of 220 nm.’
- ‘The analyzers act as absorptiometers measuring only in the 4.26 m and 2.60 m wavebands ensuring accurate, rapid and stable results.’
- ‘Major products include Microplate washers, absorptiometers and fluorescence photometers, as well as software to control such equipment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.