One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Ian is very analytical and an enormous absorber of information, and very argumentative.’
- ‘Passive absorbers of information or active creators of knowledge?’
- ‘I don't think you would recommend a curry a day for headaches but it is possible that someone with a headache who is a very good absorber of salicylic acid might find it went away if they had a vindaloo.’
- ‘In general, it has been assumed that UV absorbers function in a manner analogous to that operating during polyolefin stabilization, i.e. by reducing the flux of near-UV light that could interact with the pulp fibers.’
- ‘The base coat contains absorbers to soak up sweat and oil, and the topcoat contains color that evened out my red blotches and discolorations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.