One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To reach the dual goals of efficiency and noise reduction, Gibson and her staff are pairing hard-surface flooring with ceiling tile that's very high in sound absorbency.’
- ‘The new materials allow medical-device manufacturers to incorporate specific properties such as hardness, water permeability, and UV-light absorbency.’
- ‘The reason a bleaching process is used is to increase absorbency of rayon, a common component of tampons (note: tampons are not sterile).’
- ‘So the Holy Grail really is to try to design athletic footwear that is very light, that is very flexible, that has specific areas of high shock absorbency or shock attenuation, whatever you want to call it.’
- ‘It also has a very high moisture absorbency (12% of its own weight), which means that your perspiration is evaporated quickly through it, leaving you more comfortable on hot days.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.