One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A measure of the capacity of a substance to absorb light of a specified wavelength. It is equal to the logarithm of the reciprocal of the transmittance.‘a plot of absorbance versus wavelength would give a Gaussian curve’count noun ‘absorbances were recorded with a clinical photometer’
- ‘The absorbance measured is directly proportional to the concentration of human leptin present.’
- ‘Then, absorbances at the four wavelengths were calculated.’
- ‘The isotropic emission spectra were normalized to the corresponding absorbance at the excitation wavelength.’
- ‘The total cavity loss is then the sum of the mirror transmission and the sample absorbance.’
- ‘In these experiments electron absorbances were measured as a function of increasing laser intensity and, subsequently, as a function of decreasing laser intensity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.