One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What unites both liberals and conservatives is their mutual insistence on the exclusivity and absoluteness of their vision.’
- ‘The Puritan paradox, to name it such, was that a rigorous defense of the absoluteness of Scripture as an objective, prescriptive code, could not be made without a critical analysis of the contents of Scripture itself.’
- ‘The upsetting part of this story is the absoluteness of technology and the irrelevance of humanity.’
- ‘As a writer, I drew three lessons from him: the absoluteness of his concentration, the contrariness of his thinking, and the depth of his respect for good writing.’
- ‘No one should ever use the role of teacher to demean the ideas of others or insist on the absoluteness of an opinion, much less press erroneous assertions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.