One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unit of measurement which is defined in terms of the fundamental units of a system (mass, length, and time), and is not based on arbitrary definitions.
- ‘Yet another means of accounting for body size is to retain variables in their absolute units but to include body size as an additional independent variable in a statistical model.’
- ‘Relative units mean that the numbers specified in the HTML should be scaled according to some norm which the user's browser already has; absolute units mean that the numbers are not scalable.’
- ‘This review focuses on the use of flow cytometry for estimation of nuclear DNA content (DNA flow cytometry) in plants with a special emphasis on the estimation of DNA in absolute units (genome size).’
- ‘The treatment effect in terms of absolute units was 1.06 mmol/l (0.88, 0.52 to 1.24 mmol/l with unstandardised data).’
- ‘Therefore, the volume of sap should not be considered in absolute units, but should be related to the amount of water contained in each pressurized leaf.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.