One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
forgetfulness, amnesia, poor memory, tendency to forget, lapse of memoryView synonyms
- ‘He was known for occasional absent-mindedness in important situations.’
- ‘In a fit of absent-mindedness, they had signed contracts that ran until 2004.’
- ‘Forgetfulness tends to increase with age, but there's a big difference between normal absent-mindedness and the type of memory loss associated with Alzheimer's disease.’
- ‘Before you start to panic, there is a crucial difference between dementia and general absent-mindedness.’
- ‘It's frustrating for the audience, too, because his absent-mindedness prevents this seminar on the pharaohs making any progress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.