One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘You nod absent-mindedly, hoping she will go pester someone else so you can sample the hors d' oeuvres in peace.’
- ‘Sometimes in summer she would sit on the kitchen step, barefoot, running her toes absent-mindedly in the dust, losing herself in a book.’
- ‘Eva sat at her vanity table, brushing her long dark hair, absent-mindedly, thinking of other things.’
- ‘I absent-mindedly put my precious skis down by my car.’
- ‘Not really thinking clearly, I absent-mindedly skimmed the bookshelf with my eyes, not looking at or for anything.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.