One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They must get a signed warrant from a judge before sending law-enforcement officers after the absconder.’
- ‘Indeed, it seems that an attempt to arrest the real absconder on the basis of this warrant would have been unlawful, since he was not the person named in it.’
- ‘The man who had ruled his country with a brutal and inflexible religious law was now ‘an absconder, a fugitive from justice’ he said.’
- ‘Our goal is to stabilize the ratio of people who are now becoming absconders or fugitives and the number of people we're removing from the country.’
- ‘A police officer said: ‘He was a known absconder, so people are worried that if they come forward they might be in trouble for helping or harbouring him, but we just want to solve this tragic mystery.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.