One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Italian region of Abruzzi or its inhabitants.‘the Abruzzian mountaineers sung their praises’
- ‘Unlike his American-born wife, who considers herself an Italian, Abruzzian-born Bandini considers himself an American.’
- ‘Parrozzo is an Abruzzian cake glazed with a rich bittersweet chocolate and amaretto sauce.’
- ‘Laces of Southern Italy are undoubtedly of Abruzzian manufacture.’
- ‘The modern Pescara was almost entirely constructed after the war and so it differs strongly from Abruzzian old towns.’
A native or inhabitant of the Italian region of Abruzzi.‘Abruzzians sometimes use mutton in this dish’
- ‘And finally, there were Italians who lived on 111th–112th Streets, and they were Abruzzians and Neapolitans.’
- ‘Abruzzians are friendly and gentle.’
- ‘In her opinion, her son-in-law is not an Italian but an Abruzzian.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.