One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Italian region of Abruzzi or its inhabitants.‘the Abruzzian mountaineers sung their praises’
- ‘Laces of Southern Italy are undoubtedly of Abruzzian manufacture.’
- ‘The modern Pescara was almost entirely constructed after the war and so it differs strongly from Abruzzian old towns.’
- ‘Unlike his American-born wife, who considers herself an Italian, Abruzzian-born Bandini considers himself an American.’
- ‘Parrozzo is an Abruzzian cake glazed with a rich bittersweet chocolate and amaretto sauce.’
A native or inhabitant of the Italian region of Abruzzi.‘Abruzzians sometimes use mutton in this dish’
- ‘In her opinion, her son-in-law is not an Italian but an Abruzzian.’
- ‘Abruzzians are friendly and gentle.’
- ‘And finally, there were Italians who lived on 111th–112th Streets, and they were Abruzzians and Neapolitans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.