One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The abruptness of the closure announcement has left them shocked and desperately searching for an alternative venue.’
- ‘The notion that bureaucratic infighting and occasional abruptness of manner should disqualify one from high office is laughable.’
- ‘I was taken back by the abruptness of his answer.’
- ‘The abruptness of the ending raises the question of whether this was where the script was going from the beginning, or whether screenwriter Steven Katz felt that there was nothing else left to do.’
- ‘Although they had long feared for the future of their club, they were not prepared for the abruptness of the end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.