Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘The company's core technologies include drugs that target the G2 checkpoint and a screening system to find selective abrogators of the G2 checkpoint.’
- ‘You can read all about the abrogators and the abrogated in this article.’
- ‘It illustrates the potential of G 2 checkpoint abrogators to preferentially sensitize p53-mutated, treatment resistant tumor cells for genotoxic treatment.’
- ‘The effective stimulation of the G2 / M transition by G2 block abrogators and continued processing of DNA by endoreplication and delayed movement from S to G2 may be a condition which compromises cells for subsequent damage.’
- ‘Interactions between the checkpoint abrogator UCN - 01 and several pharmacological inhibitors of the mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase / MAPK pathway have been examined in a variety of human leukemia cell lines.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.