One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The level of available grip will be determined by the nature of the track surface and its state of repair, plus its abrasiveness and the possible presence of rain.’
- ‘I even think the abrasiveness has its own charm.’
- ‘But it adds to the general abrasiveness and awfulness of urban life, rather than commenting on it.’
- ‘I just love his style, the way that he can be really sensitive and be funny, because generally sensitivity is not funny - abrasiveness tends to be more funny.’
- ‘The first movement's lunging abrasiveness reminds you that he was Xenakis's favourite pupil.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.