One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a position where one can avoid being bound by the laws that govern ordinary people.‘the army was above the law and enjoyed complete impunity’
- ‘All seemingly performed by an executive which thinks itself above the law.’
- ‘I don't think politicians should be above the law.’
- ‘In many respects they feel they are above the law.’
- ‘She now wants immigration officers to be above the law.’
- ‘The problem is a small hardcore who believe they are above the law.’
- ‘Future Supreme Court nominee Gonzales says the President is now above the law.’
- ‘Their generals, who too will probably have not seen the book, are safely above the law.’
- ‘I know stars sometimes think they are above the law.’
- ‘He thought he might declare himself above the law.’
- ‘I agree with you, Dick, the president is not above the law.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.