One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
More so than anything else.‘he was concerned above all to speak the truth’
- ‘But above all else, I must thank my producers at the Big Blog Company. without whom there would be no site.’
- ‘Neutral Good characters believe in the power of good above all else.’
- ‘But for me, above all else, it was his Schubert which was truly miraculous.’
- ‘Those seven Maori members say that, above all else, they speak for Maori.’
- ‘Such a principle, above all else, is what we must seek as we try to understand the world around us.’
- ‘We took solace in the fact that, above all else, music was his passion and that we could take his mind off his disease while we played.’
- ‘But, above all else, this was a celebration of Manchester's ability to party.’
- ‘The Union is about that above all else and we Scots shouldn't forget it - because the English are beginning to remember.’
- ‘This was a night that testified to United powers and, above all, to the glory of football in its ideal state.’
- ‘So, keep reading, keep writing, but above all else, just have a great time!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.