Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
More so than anything else.‘he was concerned above all to speak the truth’
- ‘So, keep reading, keep writing, but above all else, just have a great time!’
- ‘Neutral Good characters believe in the power of good above all else.’
- ‘But, above all else, this was a celebration of Manchester's ability to party.’
- ‘We took solace in the fact that, above all else, music was his passion and that we could take his mind off his disease while we played.’
- ‘Such a principle, above all else, is what we must seek as we try to understand the world around us.’
- ‘The Union is about that above all else and we Scots shouldn't forget it - because the English are beginning to remember.’
- ‘But above all else, I must thank my producers at the Big Blog Company. without whom there would be no site.’
- ‘This was a night that testified to United powers and, above all, to the glory of football in its ideal state.’
- ‘But for me, above all else, it was his Schubert which was truly miraculous.’
- ‘Those seven Maori members say that, above all else, they speak for Maori.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.