One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
More so than anything else.‘he was concerned above all to speak the truth’
most importantly, before everything, beyond everything, first of all, most of all, chiefly, primarily, in the first place, first and foremost, mainly, principally, predominantly, especially, essentially, basically, elementally, in essence, at bottomView synonyms
- ‘Neutral Good characters believe in the power of good above all else.’
- ‘The Union is about that above all else and we Scots shouldn't forget it - because the English are beginning to remember.’
- ‘Such a principle, above all else, is what we must seek as we try to understand the world around us.’
- ‘We took solace in the fact that, above all else, music was his passion and that we could take his mind off his disease while we played.’
- ‘But for me, above all else, it was his Schubert which was truly miraculous.’
- ‘Those seven Maori members say that, above all else, they speak for Maori.’
- ‘This was a night that testified to United powers and, above all, to the glory of football in its ideal state.’
- ‘But, above all else, this was a celebration of Manchester's ability to party.’
- ‘So, keep reading, keep writing, but above all else, just have a great time!’
- ‘But above all else, I must thank my producers at the Big Blog Company. without whom there would be no site.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.