One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He looked abortively to his right for something to hold on to in order to break his fall.’
- ‘He now abortively sought accommodation with the Tuscan moderates and Leopold.’
- ‘They argue that a new Bill permitting defections at national and provincial level will be introduced soon, which will provide for retrospective protection of MPs and MPLs who abortively crossed the floor.’
- ‘Romney's father, who was a Republican, too, but governor of Michigan, ran, if disastrously and abortively, for president almost four decades ago.’
- ‘Selective memory sought to erase the traces of the outmoded European-style colonialism that the Americans abortively tried to practice in the archipelago.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.