One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
While being born or produced.‘the idea died aborning’
- ‘But in privileging economic factors and forces, as Heymann has done, and ignoring, for the most part, cultural and historical forces, which she has also done, her argument is going to die aborning once it hits the light of political day.’
- ‘The mission was on, and any potential fantasies died aborning.’
- ‘Without this sixth ‘point of emphasis’ Dr. Anderson's five ‘points of emphasis’ will - and should - die aborning.’
- ‘The most enthusiastic supporters of the various plans had a big stake in the new program, Castle, which would die aborning if Haven ceased to exist.’
Being born or produced.‘in the early 1960s, hippiedom was aborning’
- ‘Are we aborning, like Chesterton's donkey, at some moment when the moon is blood?’
- ‘A city is a core, a relic of the past, while suburbs - constantly aborning farther and farther from the tired center - are fresh, vital, forward-looking.’
- ‘Here Weiner and Slater previewed their aborning musical version of ‘Lost in America ‘to a panel of professionals led by Stephen Schwartz (Wicked).’’
- ‘Jimmie's playgrounds were not of the mundane world of his parents, but spanned a universe still aborning.’
- ‘In the decade from 1978 to 1988, when ELCA was budding or aborning, multiple disappointments over LBW - from the absence of Ylvisaker's folk setting to this or that hymn - gave rise to rumors and realities of ‘worship wars.’’
- ‘Dan expressed the view that the iPod may be our Duchampian icon, the most important cultural signifier of an age just aborning.’’
- ‘Little else received his attention when the series was aborning.’
- ‘He and three of his colleagues, calling themselves the Almanac Singers, were on a cross-country jalopy tour singing and creating songs for the industrial unions aborning.’
Mid 19th century: from a- ‘in the process of’ + borning, verbal noun from born (North American dialect usage) ‘to be born’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.