One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice or policy of enabling Aborigines to take up positions in organizations, particularly those dealing with Aboriginal affairs.‘the Aboriginalization of education’
- ‘This article further addresses the interesting issue of the "Aboriginalization" of the economy.’
- ‘Aboriginalization was a specific policy designed to foster Aboriginal participation in the affairs of the Institute.’
- ‘Aboriginalization could present several challenges to the existing teacher induction programme.’
- ‘Two police stations were identified for "Aboriginalisation".’
- ‘We have developed a vision and a five-year plan called an Aboriginalisation plan.’
- ‘You now have an Aboriginalisation policy in the organisation.’
- ‘What they want is in the Aboriginalization of that process.’
- ‘The article focuses on land rights, Aboriginalisation, and identity.’
- ‘What do the Women's Law and Culture Meetings do to the process of Aboriginalisation?’
- ‘It was hoped that an Aboriginalization of the health service could bring about a measure of self-reliance.’
1970s: from aboriginal + -ize + -ation.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.